We often tell you the best ways to save, feature the hottest deals on our site, and even explain how to get free shipping. (It’s called Prime. Sign up now if you haven’t. It’s worth it).
But there’s another way to save at Amazon that should never be ignored – especially during this time of year. Ready for it? We’re about to blow those frugal socks right off your feet. Welcome to Amazon Lightning.
What are Amazon Lightning Deals?
Amazon Lightning is a program where steep discounts are offered on a limited number of products for a short period of time. They’re urgent, hot, and disappear quickly. In fact, the sale price pops up at a designated time and before you know, they’re sold out. It’s that fast — like lightning! Often Amazon uses “Lightning Deals” to feature popular toys, electronics, games and more for a fraction of the original price. So it’s totally worth making part of your shopping routine.
Like shown in the image above, the product and start time are stated. Once it’s live, you’ll be given price, percent discount, and what percent of the quantity available has been claimed. From there, you can click and buy!
Amazon Lightning Deals & The Krazy Coupon Lady
We have to admit, there’s one hurdle. It can be a bit difficult to locate Amazon Lightning deals even once you’re at Amazon.com. But no worries. We’ve come up with the perfect solution. Look at our new navigation bar! A link to Amazon Lightning Deals is right there at the top, just for you! So come to the site often, click the link, and and save big. In fact, we’d love to hear about all of the great deals you snag!
Just to make sure you never miss out on those hot deals you’re dying to get, here are a few tricks of the trade:
- Check back often, “like” multiple times a day. Yes, that’s right. It’s not enough to check once. In order to score the best of the best, you have to check as often as possible.
- Know when a sale goes live, and be on the computer before that time.
- Add the product you want to purchase to the cart before the deal goes live.
- Make sure all of your shipping and payment info is stored.
- Once the deal is live, all you have to do is check out. We’ve never missed a deal using this strategy!
Note: When all the promotional discounts for a Lightning Deal are held by other customers, you’ll see a Join Waitlist button.